[MediaWiki-l] Mediawiki Citation Tool Template fields won't show up after fulfilling all steps

Atef Wagih atef_wagih at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 25 17:43:19 UTC 2017

Hi,

Referring to the steps provided in this article here on how to enable the citation templates in the Visual Editor menus,
I followed all the steps written in this article, and imported all the necessary components, including the CS1 component.
Also, I edited the template page and saved it, as per the reported bug in the troubleshooting section. I even added the templatedata lines from the /doc to the main template page to test it, then removed it again.
I also ran the jobqueue to make sure that there are no jobs waiting.
However, all this did not lead to any improvement. When I click on any citation component, I get this message: "The "Template:Cite book" template doesn't yet have a description, but there might be some information on the template's page."
When I try to add a generic field, I get the following error: "lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Citation/CS1/Suggestions' not found."
I understand that I don't have suggestion in the /CS1/Suggestion page, but I should not need suggestions anyway if the fields show.
Also, If I clicked insert / template then searched for the "Cite: Book", and clicked "Add Template", I will still get this message: "The "Template:Cite book" template doesn't yet have a description, but there might be some information on the template's page."
I added my question first to the page discussion here, but could not get an answer:https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Talk:VisualEditor/Citation_tool#Template_fields_won.27t_show_up_after_fulfilling_all_steps

What shall I do to solve this problem?
thank you very much,
Kind Regards,Atef RaoufThe Coptic Treasures Project