[MediaWiki-l] MediaWiki 1.28.1 and SimpleSecurity 5.2

Chamberland, Martin Martin.Chamberland at fadq.qc.ca
Mon Apr 10 12:11:39 UTC 2017

Hi there,

Anyone get that error for the extension SimpleSecurity 5.2 running on MediaWiki 1.28.1

Warning: Declaration of LoadBalancerSimpleSecurity::reallyOpenConnection($server, $dbNameOverride = false) should be compatible with LoadBalancer::reallyOpenConnection(array $server, $dbNameOverride = false) in /var/www/mediawiki.new/extensions/SimpleSecurity/SimpleSecurity_body.php on line 430

Fatal error: Cannot declare class LBFactorySimpleSecurity, because the name is already in use in /var/www/mediawiki.new/extensions/SimpleSecurity/SimpleSecurity_body.php on line 463

For now, our wiki is running perfectly on Debian 7 (Wheezy) with PHP 5.4
What we try to do is transfer our MediaWiki to a new server running Debian 8 (Jessie) with PHP 5.6

Step we done is :

-         Untar the new code 1.28.1 to Jessie server

-         Move the LocalSettings.php

-         Move the upload folder

-         Change setting for MySQL BD in the LocalSettings.php

And we get the error above.

Thank's in advance for you help.

Martin C.