[MediaWiki-l] How to set up and use columns?

Sharon Kimble boudiccas at skimble.plus.com
Thu Apr 6 01:29:51 UTC 2017

chris tharp <tharpenator at gmail.com> writes:

> Hi Sharon,
>
> Look at extension: NamespaceHTML.
>
> Also you may want to change the skin from the standard Vector to one that allows for greater design
> features. Any of the skins designed around Foundation Framework (Foreground & Foundation) and/or
> Bootstrap (Chameleon, Tweeki & others) should be easier to work with.

Thanks for replying Chris.

I've set up foreground and am now using that, and it seems to be working
well so far. But I do have three little niggles -

- How can I get rid of 'From DrugFacts' under every level one heading
  please? Does anyone know please?

- There is a strange menu entry on the navbar 'Site statistics', but I
  didn't put it there and its not populated with anything. What is it
  supposed to do? How can I use it effectively please?

- How can I link to a section heading on a page from the sidebar please?

Thanks
Sharon.

> Sent from my iPad
>
>> On Apr 2, 2017, at 3:32 AM, Sharon Kimble <boudiccas at skimble.plus.com> wrote:
>>

>> I'm developing a new site using mediawiki and want to use columns on the
>> MainPage in place of a table which isn't displaying things as I really
>> want. But how do I do it please? I can't find any reference to columns
>> showing how its done in the mediawiki documentation, so I'm at a loss.
>> Can somebody please advise me?
>>
>> Thanks
>> Sharon.

TGmeds = http://www.tgmeds.org.uk
DrugFacts = https://www.drugfacts.org.uk
Debian 8.6, fluxbox 1.3.5-2, emacs 25.1.1.1