[MediaWiki-l] Introducing the MediaWiki Platform Team!

Mark A. Hershberger mah at nichework.com
Tue Apr 4 13:37:18 UTC 2017

Jasmine Smith <jassmith55 at outlook.com> writes:

> I don't feel like the WMFs goal to openly share knowledge applies in
> these cases, and development of MediaWiki isn't to support the wider
> community of users.

You should come join us (the MediaWiki Stakeholders).

We have a room on Phabricator[1] and will be meeting this Friday
online[2].  I would welcome you and any others who want to participate
in this WMF-affiliated user group of third-party MediaWiki users.

I think you'll see we share many of your concerns, but we're using our
relationship with the WMF to make our concerns known.

For example, we met with Victoria Coleman and others from the WMF this
January at the Wikimedia Developer Summit[3] and had a very productive
conversation.  I'd like to think that parts of Ms. Coleman's recent
announcement were influenced by that meeting.

Markus Glaser and I were at WMCon[4] this past weekend and I will be
writing up a report about that probably later today.

I hope to see you in #mwstake!

Mark.

Footnotes:
[1]  https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/conpherence/245/