[MediaWiki-l] Introducing the MediaWiki Platform Team!

Jeroen De Dauw jeroendedauw at gmail.com
Tue Apr 4 08:37:49 UTC 2017

Hey,

I'd like to clarify two points about my previous email:

1. it is purely my own personal opinion. It is loose from any of the
MediaWiki related projects I am "involved" with.

2. The questions I asked are not meant as criticism on the concept of
having a core platform team, treating MediaWiki as a product, or improving
the design and quality of the MediaWiki codebase. I think all of these are
good ideas and hope WMF is very successful in pursuing them. This is why
I'm asking hard questions about problems that I perceive to seriously
undermine the chances of meeting the stated goals.

Cheers

--
Jeroen De Dauw | https://entropywins.wtf | https://keybase.io/jeroendedauw
Software craftsmanship advocate