[MediaWiki-l] Introducing the MediaWiki Platform Team!

Brion Vibber bvibber at wikimedia.org
Mon Apr 3 18:35:04 UTC 2017

We'll be primarily working on things for Wikimedia -- that's what people
donate to WMF to support -- but part of what we want to do is to provide a
clearer development roadmap which we expect to be helpful to third-party
users, and clearer points of contact for getting things done.

At this time there are no plans I'm aware of for providing explicit
third-party support contracting from within WMF (as in, paying people to
provide custom installation support, custom development, prioritization of
custom bug fixes, or explicitly lobbying to get particular custom
development or ideas merged into core that aren't focused on Wikimedia
needs). I think this would be great to do, but it's just not on the table
for now.

I would strongly encourage any interested and enterprising people who might
wish to perform such work to organize themselves to provide such custom
services directly to people who need them and work with us on that roadmap
& future core development.

-- brion