[MediaWiki-l] How to set up and use columns?

Martin Urbanec martin.urbanec at wikimedia.cz
Sun Apr 2 11:00:50 UTC 2017

Hi Sharon,

if you mean multiple columns design there are only two ways I know. One is
to use tables. Look at en.wikipedia.org (the mainpage) for real example.
Docs are at https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Help:Tables
<https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Help:Tables->.

Another way is to insert HTML <div> tags. You may use inline CSS styling
(<div style="css">content of the div</div>) or insert CSS to
MediaWiki:Common.css in your wiki and declare some classes that way. You
may also use MediaWiki:Vector.css if you wish to set some CSS just for one
skin (replace Vector by the name of the skin). If you change .css to .js,
you'll edit JavaScript.

Best,
Martin

---