[MediaWiki-l] Moved site providers and now my URLs are /wiki/index.php?title=page

Richard legalize at xmission.com
Fri Sep 30 19:30:00 UTC 2016

Hi,

I just relocated my site by changing hosting providers.  I set up my
old site some time ago, but I thought I migrated everything to the
new site.  On the old site, I could reference pages by the URL
/wiki/index.php/<page>, such as
http://terminals-wiki.org/wiki/index.php/Category:DEC

Now those URLs aren't working and when I browse the wiki, the URLs
are all of the form
http://terminals-wiki.org/wiki/index.php?title=Category:DEC

>From looking at mediawiki documentation, it seems the preferred way
to make the URLs work again is to use .htaccess and a rewrite rule?

Am I headed in the right direction?

Thanks in advance
         The Terminals Wiki <http://terminals-wiki.org>