[MediaWiki-l] Introducing mwbot, a Node.js library/bot for MediaWiki

Simon Heimler heimlersimon at gmail.com
Thu Sep 15 12:09:17 UTC 2016

Hello!

yes, I'm using this for a professional project. I've been using the nodemw
library before, but it failed me in some instances and didn't have an error
and concurrency to my liking. So I decided to write my own library and base
it on the promise pattern from ground up. I also like to keep my
flexibility, so I prefer to have abstractions layered and completely
optional. I also chose too stay closer to the bare bone of the MediaWiki
API to reduce breaking incompatibilites in the future.

Some of those decisions are of course subjective! Feel free to like them or
not ;)

Currently I'm using the library for typical bot uses like auto-generating
MediaWiki content, data-importing and various little, modular CLI utilities.

Best,
Simon