[MediaWiki-l] Moved site providers and now my URLs are /wiki/index.php?title=page

Richard legalize at xmission.com
Sun Oct 2 03:29:07 UTC 2016

In article <CA+oo+DVb5K4MgF4UJxJQpm7C=8eEx-emuLYiox3T82NGSVewdQ at mail.gmail.com>,
    Brian Wolff <bawolff at gmail.com> writes:

> Usually this means that mediawiki detects the new server as not supporting
> PATH INFO (usually deoends on the combination of server software and which
> php sapi is in use), so it cannot use the automatic short url setup. In
> such a case you usually need to setup rewrite rules to make it work,
> although you can also try adjusting $wgUsePathInfo to override the feature
> support autodetection if you think path info is really supported.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.  On the previous site,
the default value worked fine (enabling use of PATH_INFO).  For
whatever reason the detection logic in 1.17 doesn't work properly in
my new environment.  I verified that PATH_INFO is indeed set and
adding

$wgUsePathInfo = true;

to my LocalSettings.php corrected the issue.

MediaWiki truly has a great community full of very helpful people.
It's one of the things that makes this package really great!

Thanks again.
            The Terminals Wiki <http://terminals-wiki.org>