[MediaWiki-l] Support for the "MediaWiki Foundation" in the next WMF Annual Plan

John Foster jfoster81747 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 20 16:42:57 UTC 2016

Thanks for the invite. I'm an end user and have development ideas but as
far as "Budget" suggestions which is what I see the discussion is about...I
have no input to offer. if you or the group decide to alter the development
of Mediawiki, I have plenty of things I would like to discuss. I would
however point out that a forking of the software would likely be a mistake.
I have been a Linux user and quasi developer for years and have seen first
hand what happens when that occurs, and most of it is not good, unless you
have both the blessing and the financial support of the originator of the
concept.
Thanks
John