[MediaWiki-l] A second, Duplicate Wiki

Dave Humphrey dave at uesp.net
Tue Feb 16 18:19:33 UTC 2016

Assuming you want to copy the database and images from "spw" to
"spw_public" you could do:

- Backup Database:
          mysqldump --opt -u username -p spw > spw,sql
- Copy Database:
          mysql -u username -p spw_public < spw.sql

Note that these assume your database names are "spw" and "spw_public". The
time this takes depends on the size of your database. For example, our 15GB
MediaWiki database takes about 15min to backup and 1 hour to restore.

For copying images you can do:
          rsync -av /path/to/spw/images/ /path/to/spw_public/images/

If you want an exact copy you can add the "--delete" option to rsync to
delete files in "spw_public/images" not found in "spw/images". If you don't
have many images being uploaded this should be pretty quick as it only
copies any new/updated image file.