[MediaWiki-l] PAGESINCATEGORY discrepancy

David Newman dnewman at unixmonkeys.com
Mon Feb 15 22:18:05 UTC 2016

Hi,
I've been creating and uploading animated images to the Commons Stroke
order Project.
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Stroke_Order_Project

This URL has references to {{PAGESINCATEGORY:Order.gif stroke order images}}

The value displayed on this page is 391, whereas the category page shows
397.
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Order.gif_stroke_order_images

The images I upload I put into the license {{SOlicense}} as well as add
them to the category "Order.gif stroke order images".

I can't figure out what I am doing wrong because obviously the other 391
images uploaded by others are being counted.  This is the latest image I
have uploaded:

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:%E5%87%AF-order.gif

Any ideas?  Thanks.

-Dave