[MediaWiki-l] How to dynamically fill a page with form entries?

Jan Steinman Jan at EcoReality.org
Sun Feb 14 05:47:52 UTC 2016

Yet another way is the extension PostForm.

It will let you easily create an arbitrary form, which then can be emailed to you or written to a MySQL table.

I don’t recommend using it without clipping a line that puts everything into a log file that is in the website space, and which can be found by search engines! It also has a bug that clips the return results if any multi-byte characters are entered.

Another issue is spam. I have been working on a mod that puts a simple CAPTCHA challenge on it, but I don’t understand XSL well enough to plop it in easily. I had a bot attack, and was getting over 100 spams PER HOUR, and had to turn the page off. Now, it is only available via secret link that I send to people who need to fill in the form.