[MediaWiki-l] Help on SSL Certificate configuration

Sarasanand Bathey Vivekanantham saras at asirtech.in
Wed Feb 10 13:36:58 UTC 2016

Hi TomThanks for the reply.

The certificate which i configured has the domain name configured as *.example.com. Now, for me with example.com SSL works but not for mywiki.example.com.

Need your expert advice.

Regards
Saras.

---- On Wed, 10 Feb 2016 18:22:05 +0530 Tom<tom at hutch4.us> wrote ----

First question that needs to be answered is is the wiki in a subdomain or on the main domain the SSL certificate was installed? If I'm understanding your statements it sounds like:

example.org SSL works
mywiki.example.org doesn't work

You will need a separate SSL certificate or have purchased a certificate specifically for multiple subdomains of the main domain.

Tom