[MediaWiki-l] Finding the Most Popular Extensions

Ray Paseur ray.paseur at armedia.com
Fri Oct 30 14:53:51 UTC 2015

Please forgive me if this is a novice question - I'm still a neophyte when it comes to MediaWiki.

Background:

I'm looking for Video extensions to add to a MediaWiki project. Some are probably popular and some are arcane. I would like to choose an extension that lots of other Wikis also use. Examples of video extensions here:

https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Category:Video_player_extensions

If this were a WordPress project, I would be able to see the popularity of plug-ins here:

https://wordpress.org/plugins/browse/popular/

Question:

Is there a way to find the popularity of MediaWiki extensions? I've found lots "top-ten" lists, but I'd rather just get straight to the number of Wiki installations that use a given extension.

Thanks and regards, Ray