[MediaWiki-l] Sitewide problems after importing Template:Infobox from en.wikipedia

Elk Admin admin at elk-island.com
Mon Dec 28 17:31:18 UTC 2015

Hello,

I have WP 1.25.1 from source.
I wanted to be able to post condensed meta on the right-side of my articles in an "Infobox", like Wikipedia does.

Found several "How-to" on exporting/importing templates from one source wiki to destination, like:
- http://trog.qgl.org/20110815/setting-up-infobox-templates-in-mediawiki/
- https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Importing_Wikipedia_infoboxes_tutorial

Followed the step, imported 20+ templates (checked "Include templates" on export page), and
now none of my templates are rendering!

Even completely standalone templates I wrote before (they worked before import) stopped working.

All with the same error, "Parser::braceSubstitution: template inclusion denied", ex:
>> Parser::braceSubstitution: template inclusion denied for Template:Documentation

Can anyone give me any pointers on what could be the cause?

I verified that:
- Lua interpreter (standalone) itself is working, I have a log of successful Lua module invocations
- I have extensions: ParserFunctions, Scribunto, InputBox and TemplateData installed

Could it be that I am missing some recursively required templates?
(I noticed existence of some not ordinary templates, like "Template:((", or "Template:!!", etc.)
If so, how could I identify which one(s)?

It seems "export" does not takes recursively all needed templates - it stops on first level of indirection.
I tried to manually list all templates needed for Infobox with their children recursively - the list
keeps growing with no end (have 270+ templates/modules in the list now).

If the Infobox "required templates" tree is so deep, is their a way to import all templates and modules from wiki at once?
(Are the not part of install from source tarball? May be I have them locally already, just need to load to DB?)

And finally, if this route is so complex, is there an easier way to create an Infobox on a new wiki?
Is creating them from scratch is any easier (perhaps it will be not as polished but close in functionality)?
Please point me to a guide/how-to for creating "Infobox-like" box on right-side of an article.

I hate to settle for "home brew" solution but I am ready to give up the dream of having wiki-consistent UI.
How does everyone else accomplishing this?

John

This message is intended for specified recipient(s) only. If received by any other party, please discard immediately.