[MediaWiki-l] My wiki stopped working

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com
Mon Dec 28 13:21:44 UTC 2015

> Okay, a few weeks ago my wiki stopped loading.  The version I've got
> installed there is ancient, but it was working fine until one day it
> wasn't.
> Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_NAMESPACE, expecting T_STRING in
> /hermes/bosoraweb123/b65/ipw.joshua-w/public_html/wiki/includes/Namespace.php
> on line 46

Your PHP was upgraded, and the old MediaWiki software will not work with it.
One of the reasons is that "namespace" is now a reserved word. The best
and easiest solution is to upgrade your wiki, but there are others:

http://blog.endpoint.com/2015/11/broken-wikis-due-to-php-and-mediawiki.html

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com
End Point Corporation
PGP Key: 0x14964AC8