[MediaWiki-l] Captcha for registration? Email required at registration?

Sven Seiffert SvenSeiffert at gmx.net
Mon Dec 21 10:27:43 UTC 2015

Hi Josh

QuestyCaptcha (https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:QuestyCaptcha)
should enable you to add a captcha at the registration stage. The
extension allows you to define a question (e.g. write out the numbers 1
2 3 leaving no spaces) and associated answer (e.g. onetwothree).

I have found the catpcha very successful in preventing the automated
creation of user accounts.

Hope this is of help

Sven