[MediaWiki-l] [Semanti Forms] How to hardcode values based on which form is used to create/edit an item

Ed edward.hoo at gmail.com
Sat Dec 19 16:53:19 UTC 2015

You are correct Ad,

I had set up default as default="typeA" (with the quotes and lowercase t).
The cargo tables valid values were defined as values=TypeA,TypeB (without
quotes and using an uppercase T)

The difference was messing up the persistence when the filed was hidden.
The template call was then written as subtype="typeA".  When the field was
visible the drop down control apparently would fix things up and write the
template call as subtype=TypeA.  The persistence would then work.  At least
that is what I think was happening.

The fix was to set default=TypeA as it should have been.

Thanks!

Ed