[MediaWiki-l] [Semanti Forms] How to hardcode values based on which form is used to create/edit an item

Ed edward.hoo at gmail.com
Sat Dec 19 02:26:30 UTC 2015

Hi all,

I'm using Cargo with Semantic Forms.  The cargo table is defined in one
template and attached in others.  Each has it own form as they represent
subtypes.  How can I hardcode the subtype so that when I query the cargo
table holding all the subtypes the info is available?

In one of the forms, I tried with

{{{field|SubType|mandatory|default="TypeA"}}}

and it works.  However, when I hide it

{{{field|SubType|mandatory|default="TypeA"|hidden}}}

it does not.

Thoughts?  Thanks!