[MediaWiki-l] feedback on the upgrade process

Gordon Joly gordon.joly at pobox.com
Wed Dec 16 16:35:41 UTC 2015

On 16/12/15 13:01, Mickey Feldman wrote:
> Executive summary:  "A large majority of users agree that upgrading MW
> is way too much of a pain"
>

> --

Maybe.

:-)

Would help if all the documentation (and the "received wisdom") was in
agreement.

Going from 1.26.0 to 1.26.1 using a patch will be really easy (we hope).
But going to 1.27.x will need some work (delete all php files, etc). You
do delete all the Mediawiki files, don't you? :-)

I have been slightly confused about the release of "Mediawiki core"
(with no skins!) so I have decided to install the full version.

I tend to re-create LocalSettings.php quite a lot (ignoring the advice
of the installer)....

Gordo