[MediaWiki-l] Tabbed Panes extension

Nick Wilson (Quiddity) nwilson at wikimedia.org
Sat Dec 12 01:26:38 UTC 2015

If you mean tabbed sub-pages, then here are 2 template styles, that should
(?) be relatively easy to use:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template:Page_tabs
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template:Start_tab#Examples

If you need to keep the history/content on a single page, then I think
you'll need some sort of hiding/collapsing code. E.g.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template:Collapse

It would help if you explain a few more details about your use-case, and
perhaps link to comparable examples you've seen elsewhere. e.g. is this for
education/training? is this something you need on just a couple of pages,
or on thousands of pages? is this akin to http://helloworldcollection.de/ /
http://rosettacode.org/wiki/Hello_world/Text or similar? etc. Perhaps a
screenshot of a small part of the data, and the goal for the end-user.
(end-of-Friday-fuzzy-thoughts)

Cheers,

On Fri, Dec 11, 2015 at 6:52 AM, Pine W <wiki.pine at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've tabbed panes done, but it required some elaborate use of templates.
> See for example https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:Evaluation/Connect
> where the buttons near the top of the page behave similarly to tabs. It
> would be nice if there is a solution that is easier to implement. Does
> anyone know of one? (Pinging Edward Galvez in case he has suggestions.)
>
> Pine
>
> On Fri, Dec 11, 2015 at 6:34 AM, Ed Swing <Ed.Swing at sas.com> wrote:
>
> > Is there a good way - or a recommended extension - for Tabbed Panes on a
> > wiki page? I'm looking to have chunks of code in different languages on a
> > page, but I only want one code language visible at a time.
> >
> > Many thanks

Nick Wilson (Quiddity)
Community Liaison
Wikimedia Foundation