[MediaWiki-l] Shared user database

Ad Strack van Schijndel ad.strackvanschijndel at gmail.com
Fri Dec 11 11:28:42 UTC 2015

Hi,

We have one wiki A with thousands of users and one wiki B with a few users.
We want to have a shared database for the user, preferably the easy way as described on https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Shared_database.

What would be the appropriate way to go here:
- Create a separate database, copy the user table from wiki A to that database, do something with the wiki B users, and configure both wiki's to use that shared database.
- Use database of wiki A as shared database and explain that to wiki B
- Think of something else because it is not possible to have shared database with existing wiki's

The first scenario would be the preferred one and I would like to understand if and how that could work.

Thanks! Ad