[MediaWiki-l] What PHP version do you use?

Bill Traynor btraynor at gmail.com
Mon Dec 7 21:25:35 UTC 2015

Perhaps I'm confused, but it sounds to me like there are certain
classes of MediaWiki administrators out there.  There's those who
would prefer a hands free experience, or at the very least a point and
click GUI-based administration experience and those that are would
prefer a more command-line based, power-user administrative
experience.  Am I wrong?

Personally, I fall in the latter group.  I prefer to track MediaWiki
and all extensions from the command line using Git.  I've never used
Composer up to this point and have had no problems.

My only gripe about MediaWiki is that the development road map seems
to be directed foremost by the needs of Wikimedia in support of
Wikipedia.  Of course, I can't really complain as it's FOSS and if I
was highly motivated, I could develop the things I really want.
Examples being somewhat "enterprisey", like better Oracle support,
finer grained and flexible content management, etc. etc.