[MediaWiki-l] What PHP version do you use? (Chris Koerner)

Francis Franck francis.franck at gmail.com
Sun Dec 6 21:51:47 UTC 2015

I tend to believe you, Tyler. Copying files into proper locations has been
the way I installed all my extensions.
But looking at Maps for example, one reads: (
https://github.com/JeroenDeDauw/Maps/blob/master/docs/INSTALL.md)

PHPMediaWikiComposerValidatorMaps 3.3.x & 3.4.x5.3.2 - 5.6.x1.18 - 1.25
Required2.x (handled by Composer)Maps 3.1.x & 3.2.x5.3.2 - 5.6.x1.18 - 1.24
Required2.x (handled by Composer)Maps 3.0.x5.3.2 - 5.6.x1.18 - 1.23Required1.x
(handled by Composer)Maps 2.0.x5.3.2 - 5.5.x1.18 - 1.23Not supported0.5.1
Having no access to Composer, I tried to install 3.4 by copying but ran
into lots of fatal errors. Returning to Maps 2.0.1, Validator 0.5.1. and
SMW 1.8 was the only way to get my system working more or less normally
again. All this trial and error costed me days of work. Regarding the term
Required in the above table, one quickly tends to conclude that the absence
of Composer might play a role. Even more so because the "copy into
extensions directory" is no longer documented at all.

Regards,

Francis