[MediaWiki-l] What PHP version do you use? (Chris Koerner)

Tyler Romeo tylerromeo at gmail.com
Sun Dec 6 20:43:14 UTC 2015

Just wanna say that it's unfair to group Composer into that. I understand the difficult of multi-platform support (specifically throwing node.js and other things into the mix), but Composer is just, at it's base, a PHP file manager.

Any extension that can "only be installed with Composer", can actually be installed without Composer. You can manually copy the extension files into the proper location, or you can even just run Composer locally and then upload the result. (I'm pretty sure we have a tool that gives you a pre-packaged tarball.) It's significantly better than other PHP solutions like PEAR.

--
Tyler Romeo
https://parent5446.nyc