[MediaWiki-l] What PHP version do you use?

Gordon Joly gordon.joly at pobox.com
Sat Dec 5 17:37:32 UTC 2015

I had quite an upset on Debian 7 (I am now on Debian 8) which started
with this:

*****
php5 (5.4.45-0+deb7u2) wheezy-security; urgency=medium

  * PHP 5.4 has reached end-of-life on 14 Sep 2015 and as a result there
    will be no more new upstream releases.  The security support of PHP
    5.4 in Debian will be best effort only and you are strongly advised
    to upgrade to latest stable Debian release that includes PHP
    5.6 that will reach end of security support on 28 Aug 2017.

 -- Ondřej Surý <@debian.org>  Sun, 04 Oct 2015 17:05:37 +0200
****

I am managed to break PHP completely by trying to install PHP 5.6 on
Debian 7 and migrated from Debian 7 to Debian 8 to get a working system!
I have six Mediawiki distinct instances (all on the same VPS).

Current setup:

MediaWiki 	1.26.0
PHP 	5.6.14-0+deb8u1 (cgi-fcgi)
MariaDB 	10.1.9-MariaDB-1~jessie-log