[MediaWiki-l] MediaWiki Consultant?

Henny Savenije webmaster at henny-savenije.pe.kr
Mon Sep 8 19:49:31 UTC 2014

Actually I have used for many years QuestyCaptcha.php you can make
your own defined questions and answers I used the capitals of certain
countries and that works like a charm. No more spam

At 08:15 PM 9/7/2014 Sunday, you wrote:
>Dear Gordo, When i had attack from spam bot, then i implement Google
>Captcha protection, but there still a lot of spam bot coming, their
>method is creating a lot of random username then cretate page that
>contains random article from internet. So, after i realize this
>captcha protection can not help me, then i block user registration
>and user post (create page / edit), only admin can post/edit -_-
>Now, there is no spammer again, but this is not what i want Thank
>you I'm still waiting for mediawiki consultant for hire.. because i
>want to redesign my wiki page too.. Best Regards, Yudi On Mon, Sep
>8, 2014 at 4:25 AM, Gordon Joly <gordon.joly at pobox.com> wrote: > On
>06/09/14 03:20, Yudi Wijaya wrote: > > - My wiki website ever had
>attack by Spam Bot, so i want to clean it up > > from spam
>pages.. > > - I want to have the best spam protection, i ever
>implement Google > Captcha > > but still got alot of spams > > > My
>advice is to stop self registration, and just sign up people who
>have > applied to use your wiki. This line appears in my
>LocalSettings.php > > $wgGroupPermissions['*']['createaccount'] =
>false; > > > I also have > > $wgGroupPermissions['*']['edit'] =
>false; > $wgEmailConfirmToEdit='true'; > > Gordo >
>
>---
>This email is free from viruses and malware because avast! Antivirus
>protection is active.

                  _   _
                 (o) (o)
      oOOO----(_)----OOOo---
Henny (Lee Hae Kang)
-----------------------------
http://www.henny-savenije.pe.kr Portal to all my sites
http://www.hendrick-hamel.henny-savenije.pe.kr (in English) Feel free
to discover Korea with Hendrick Hamel (1653-1666)
http://www.hendrick-hamel.henny-savenije.pe.kr/indexk2.htm In Korean
http://www.hendrick-hamel.henny-savenije.pe.kr/Dutch In Dutch
http://www.vos.henny-savenije.pe.kr Frits Vos Article about Witsen
and Eibokken and his first Korean-Dutch dictionary
http://www.cartography.henny-savenije.pe.kr (in English) Korea
through Western Cartographic eyes
http://www.hwasong.henny-savenije.pe.kr Hwasong the fortress in Suwon
http://www.oldKorea.henny-savenije.pe.kr Old Korea in pictures