[MediaWiki-l] problems upgrading to 1.24.0 from 1.19 installed by RPM on CentOS
addw at phcomp.co.uk
Fri Nov 28 10:55:58 UTC 2014
I want to upgrade so that I can offer visual editor.
CentOS 6.6, 64 bit, postgresql database, php 5.3.3
I followed the instructions and using a browser:
* go to wiki//mw-config/index.php, language is OK so I click CONTINUE
* next page I am prompted for the upgrade key that I copy/paste, CONTINUE
* Environmental checks. Other than a warning about 'older version of the ICU
project's library' all is OK, CONTINUE
* Database settings, enter username/password, CONTINUE
* Name page. I enter wiki name & admin details, select 'Im bored', CONTINUE
* Install page, CONTINUE
* I get database error: Error: 42P07 ERROR: relation "mwuser" already exists
It appears to be trying to do a fresh install rather than an upgrade. But it
asked for the upgrade key earlier ?
As root at the command line I run & get:
# php maintenance/update.php
MediaWiki 1.24.0 Updater
DB connection error: No database connection
What am I doing that is wrong ?
Linux/GNU Consultant - Mail systems, Web sites, Networking, Programmer, IT Lecturer.
+44 (0) 787 668 0256 http://www.phcomp.co.uk/
Parliament Hill Computers Ltd. Registration Information: http://www.phcomp.co.uk/contact.php
More information about the MediaWiki-l