[MediaWiki-l] MediaWiki 1.24.0 released

Federico Leva (Nemo) nemowiki at gmail.com
Thu Nov 27 08:20:50 UTC 2014

https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/MediaWiki_1.24 is horrible.
* There were grammatical errors, some of which I've fixed.
* Most of the sections and bullets are still placeholders.
** This means that we're not stating a single good reason for people to
upgrade, or otherwise care about this release.
** Developers, do you really not bother boasting about the fantastic
improvements you made to core which are worth an upgrade?
** Images need adding.
* The IE6 and IE7 deprecation doesn't have sufficient visibility and no
rationale is provided for users to understand.
* Did someone check that the list of upgrade notices and breaking
changes is complete?

I feel like, since 1.20, nobody else helps keeping our release pages to
a minimum standard... I'm a bit tired.

Nemo