[MediaWiki-l] Reorganizing your wiki when the whole world changes...?

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Wed Nov 12 19:36:52 UTC 2014

On 3 November 2014 18:35, Al <alj62888 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Since MW is designed around a crowdsourcing model, I would just get volunteers from all parts of the company to help update the wiki.  That will 1.) point-out the helpful employees of the company, 2.) be very educational for the editors about the new company organization, 3.) promote collaboration amongst diverse groups within the company.  Yes, updating the whole wiki with just a handful of editors would suck and the quality would probably suffer too.  But, with fifty to a hundred editors, a piece of cake and the results would probably be much better.

In my experience of intranet wikis, any plan that starts with "1.
Other people will lift a finger" doesn't ever work out that way :-)

It's possible a bit of applied SMW will do what Dan needs, or pointing
AutoWikiBrowser at it maybe. (I've never pointed AWB at anything other
than en.wikipedia,org, so I have no experience in actually doing that
last one.)

- d.