[MediaWiki-l] Why do I get deprecated functions?

Katharina Wolkwitz wolkwitz at fh-swf.de
Mon Nov 3 14:50:33 UTC 2014

Hi again,

I've just started the whole update-process again with the 1.23.6-tarball-file
again, and got a totally different-result...

It seems that when I did this

wiki-t00:/opt/lampp/htdocs/# tar xvfz mediawiki-1.23.6.tar.gz -C
/opt/lampp/htdocs/_fhbwiki/ --strip-components=1

with the 1.23.5.tar.gz-file I somehow managed __not__ to overwrite
1.16.2-update.php-file, because that was what got called up when I did the
upgrade... :-(

So I ended up with version 1.16.2 - which I just noticed when I looked up which
PHP and MySQL versions I was running. I feel quite embarrased because I managed
to work on clearing up error for days on end not noticing that the original
update hadn't worked in the first place. :-(

Well - now I'm faced with getting the skins to run in the newer version, but
that's (more or less) understandable migration stuff...

Kate