[MediaWiki-l] Why do I get deprecated functions?

Katharina Wolkwitz wolkwitz at fh-swf.de
Mon Nov 3 13:40:20 UTC 2014

Hi everybody,

here's something I don't understand.

I've just updated my mediawiki-installation to the current version 1.23.5 -
which I thought was up to date, and now I'm running up against one error-message
after the other with deprecated functions like this one:

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use
preg_replace_callback instead in
/opt/lampp/htdocs/_fhbwiki/includes/GlobalFunctions.php on line 1271

And also this:

Strict Standards: Non-static method Mail::factory() should not be called
statically in /opt/lampp/htdocs/_fhbwiki/includes/UserMailer.php on line 154

or this:

Strict Standards: Non-static method PEAR::isError() should not be called
statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in
/opt/lampp/lib/php/Net/SMTP.php on line 450

Now, I'd understand if these would happen in modules where I had made any kind
of adaptation, but I pretty sure I never touched any of these files. So why
aren't they just updated to the correct and working version???

Or did I do something wrong while updating? Is there a way to check?

Kate