[MediaWiki-l] Scaling up - MySQL server

Daniel Friesen daniel at nadir-seen-fire.com
Tue Feb 18 22:32:56 UTC 2014

My "knowledgeable beginner" input would be:
- Check your Squids, see if you can look at their cache hit/miss and
cache usage stats.
-- If their caches are maxed see if you can expand the cache space they
have available (more ram?)
-- If they're not maxed but you have a high miss ratio check to see if
you have something like a cookie that's busting the cache.
- More ram "might" help MySQL but if you've got a lot of read load after
checking out your Squids consider scaling that outwards by setting up
some read-only MySQL slaves to load balance that read load and take it
off of the master database server.