[MediaWiki-l] Google Code-in: First week achievements!
aklapper at wikimedia.org
Tue Dec 9 17:00:00 UTC 2014
Google Code-in (GCI) has been running for only one week and students
have already resolved 35 Wikimedia tasks!
Some of the achievements:
* Citoid offers export in BibTeX format (and more contributions)
* Analytics' Dashiki has a mobile-friendlier view
* Echo's badge label text has better readability; Echo uses the
standard gear icon for preferences
* Wikidata's Wikibase API modules use i18n for help/docs
* Two MW extensions got patches to not use deprecated i18n
* MW displays an error when trying to create a self-redirect
* The sidebar group separator in MW's Installer looks like in
* Our Phabricator docs have video screencasts and an updated "Bug
report life cycle" diagram
* Huggle's on-wiki docs were updated; exceptions received cleanup
* Pywikibot's replicate_wiki supports global args; optparse was
replaced by argparse
* Reasons for MW sites listed as defunct on WikiApiary were
* We got logo proposals for the European Wikimedia Hackathon 2015
* ...and many more.
Sounds good? Then please spend 5 minutes to go through your tasks and
identify simple tasks to allow more young people contribute!
Got an idea for a task? Become a mentor for that task! And spread the
word to other community members who might be good mentors! Read
please contact me if you need help.
Andre Klapper | Wikimedia Bugwrangler
More information about the MediaWiki-l