[MediaWiki-l] Wiki spam. Stronger fightback.

Henny Savenije webmaster at henny-savenije.pe.kr
Sat May 25 00:22:50 UTC 2013

As for blocking IP's automatically. This is another good method which
I also use.

http://danielwebb.us/software/bot-trap/

You hide a small "invisible" image with a link which people won't see
but bots do. Descent bots won't follow that link since you told them
in robot.txt not to do so. Spammer bots will. Then they are trapped.

Their IP is automatically added to .htaccess

At 06:29 PM 5/24/2013 Friday -0400, you wrote:
>We have two issues here, Blocking said IPs in a reliable simple
>method. * Thought would be something like torblock that just
>downloads the list on a daily/weekly/whatever schedule * can provide
>the blocked users information on why they are blocked and appeal
>process for valid users (ipblockexempt) Two: A method for reporting,
>confirming and listing said sources. * The easiest method that I
>know of would be a category based system with a bot/script that
>compiles a complete listing of said pages in the category on a
>regular basis. * Using a category system enables a more fulidic
>process, reduces edit conflicts and provides several other options.

                  _   _
                 (o) (o)
      oOOO----(_)----OOOo---
Henny (Lee Hae Kang)
-----------------------------
http://www.henny-savenije.pe.kr Portal to all my sites
http://www.hendrick-hamel.henny-savenije.pe.kr (in English) Feel free
to discover Korea with Hendrick Hamel (1653-1666)
http://www.hendrick-hamel.henny-savenije.pe.kr/indexk2.htm In Korean
http://www.hendrick-hamel.henny-savenije.pe.kr/Dutch In Dutch
http://www.vos.henny-savenije.pe.kr Frits Vos Article about Witsen
and Eibokken and his first Korean-Dutch dictionary
http://www.cartography.henny-savenije.pe.kr (in English) Korea
through Western Cartographic eyes
http://www.hwasong.henny-savenije.pe.kr Hwasong the fortress in Suwon
http://www.oldKorea.henny-savenije.pe.kr Old Korea in pictures