[MediaWiki-l] Was wondering if I could make a "story generator" in MediaWiki?

Bartosz DziewoƄski matma.rex at gmail.com
Wed Mar 13 16:57:06 UTC 2013

The best you could do with vanilla MW is to create a template with the story text, and call the template with appropriate variables. E.g.:

Template:Story:
One day while I was {{{1}}} in the {{{2}}} a {{{3}}} fell through the roof.

Any page:
{{story|sleeping|kitchen|dog}}

For something more user-friendly, you could probably use the Semantic MediaWiki extension; I'm not sure if there's anything more specific that could let you achieve this.

--
Matma Rex