[MediaWiki-l] Searching media wiki for IP addresses

Joseph Spenner joseph85750 at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 3 21:31:04 UTC 2013

On Mar 3, 2013, at 1:19 PM, Benjamin Lees <emufarmers at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Mar 3, 2013 at 3:06 PM, Joseph Spenner <joseph85750 at yahoo.com> wrote:
>> Perhaps THE Wikipedia does, but try it on your own installation.
>
> I did. :-)
> http://test.emufarmers.com/w/index.php?title=Special%3ASearch&profile=default&search=127.0.0.1&fulltext=Search
> http://test.emufarmers.com/w/index.php?title=Special%3ASearch&profile=default&search=13.0.0.0&fulltext=Search
> MediaWiki interprets searches for IP addresses with the "Go" button as indicating that I want to see the contributions to the wiki from that IP address, so I had to use the "Search" button.  Also, very old versions of MediaWiki lack a workaround for some of MySQL's fulltext searching behavior, which might lead to issues like this.

Ok, a little more info.  I'm using a spider+indexer to index my wiki, and some other sites as well:  http://www.sphider.eu/

It finds the pages with IP addresses as well, and indexes them. However, it also returns zero results when I try to search for IP addresses.
I realize this is beyond the scope of the list, but it is a bit peculiar.   Actually, it's kinda annoying.  :)
I installed the sphider and database on a new CentOS 6.3 install, so MySQL should be current.

Thanks for the replies!