[MediaWiki-l] utf-8

Amir E. Aharoni amir.aharoni at mail.huji.ac.il
Sun Jan 27 17:49:29 UTC 2013

2013/1/27 Steve VanSlyck <s.vanslyck at spamcop.net>:
> Hi. If MediaWiki prefers utf-8. My server admint installed mediawiki and
> didn't follow the instructions precisely so I now have
>
> # MySQL table options to use during installation or update
> $wgDBTableOptions   = "ENGINE=InnoDB, DEFAULT CHARSET=binary";

The short answer is that this is fine: This is the default and it
allows storing UTF-8 text, and it's even supposed to offer better
performance.

If I knew MySQL properly, I'd give you the long answer, too :)

People who do know MySQL are welcome to correct me if I'm wrong.

http://aharoni.wordpress.com
‪“We're living in pieces,
I want to live in peace.” – T. Moore‬