[MediaWiki-l] MediaWiki Extension Bundles and Template Bundles

Mark A. Hershberger mah at everybody.org
Mon Jan 14 16:12:43 UTC 2013

On 01/14/2013 10:20 AM, Yuvi Panda wrote:
> Is there a sort of 'Extension Bundle' that gets you baseline stuff that
> people who are used to wikipedia 'expect'? ParserFunctions and Cite come to
> mind, but I'm sure there are plenty others.

This was part of my reasoning behind bundling some core extensions with
MediaWiki.

ParserFunctions is already included, but I was going to bundle the
following extensions in 1.21:

* Cite
* InputBox
* LocalisationUpdate
* SyntaxHighlight_GeSHi

As far as template bundles, I think this would be better served with an
extension like LocalisationUpdate that could fetch a new copy of the
desired templates from your chosen Wikipedia.

Another area that could benefit most non-WMF wikis is a way to import
some documentation for how to *use* a wiki.

--
http://hexmode.com/

Language will always shift from day to day. It is the wind blowing
    through our mouths. -- http://hexm.de/np