[MediaWiki-l] Rewrite Rules

Steve VanSlyck s.vanslyck at spamcop.net
Sun Jan 13 01:03:33 UTC 2013

OK, this is my first attempt to use rewrite rules.

I've done the best I can to follow the instructions at
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Short_URL/Apache .

I've created an .htaccess file and put it at root at
http://www.vanslyck.us as follows:

## http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Short_URL/Apache
# Follow symbolic links(dunno if this is needed or not)
Options +FollowSymLinks
# Enable the rewrite engine
RewriteEngine On
# Short url for wiki pages(dunno if [PT,L] is required instead)
RewriteRule ^/?wiki(/.*)?$ %{DOCUMENT_ROOT}/wiki/index.php [L]
# Redirect / to Main Page(dunno if [PT,L] is required instead)
RewriteRule ^/*$ %{DOCUMENT_ROOT}/w/index.php [L]

then I added the following lines to the end of LocalSettings.php:

# Enable Short URLs
# http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Short_URL
$wgUsePathInfo = true; # added this after getting the redirect loop error.
$wgScriptPath = "/wiki";
$wgArticlePath = "/wiki/$1";

Can anyone see something obviouis that I know how to recognize?