[MediaWiki-l] New Wiki - bureaucrat rights

Steve VanSlyck s.vanslyck at spamcop.net
Sat Jan 12 02:43:19 UTC 2013

On 1/11/2013 21.36, Techman224 wrote:
> If you can't even undo, then either you don't have the permission to edit, or something else is causing the undo button to disappear. Check Special:ListGroupRights to see if the 'edit' permission is assigned.

List seems typical, though I don't see a general "edit" permission
(though it is there in several flavors). I am in the list of users, and
users does have the *Edit pages |(edit)|* permission.

I do show up in the list of members:
Steve <http://vanslyck.us/wiki/index.php?title=User:Steve>?? (bureaucrat
<http://vanslyck.us/wiki/index.php?title=VSwiki:Bureaucrats&action=edit&redlink=1>,
administrator
<http://vanslyck.us/wiki/index.php?title=VSwiki:Administrators&action=edit&redlink=1>)
(Created on 2013-01-11....)

Bureaucrats
<http://vanslyck.us/wiki/index.php?title=VSwiki:Bureaucrats&action=edit&redlink=1>
(list of members)
<http://vanslyck.us/wiki/index.php?title=Special:ListUsers&group=bureaucrat>

  * Edit all user rights |(userrights)|
  * Not be affected by rate limits |(noratelimit)|

Administrators
<http://vanslyck.us/wiki/index.php?title=VSwiki:Administrators&action=edit&redlink=1>
(list of members)
<http://vanslyck.us/wiki/index.php?title=Special:ListUsers&group=sysop>

  * Block a user from sending e-mail |(blockemail)|
  * Block other users from editing |(block)|
  * Bypass IP blocks, auto-blocks and range blocks |(ipblock-exempt)|
  * Bypass automatic blocks of proxies |(proxyunbannable)|
  * Change protection levels and edit protected pages |(protect)|
  * Create new user accounts |(createaccount)|
  * Delete pages |(delete)|
  * Delete pages with large histories |(bigdelete)|
  * Edit other users' CSS files |(editusercss)|
  * Edit other users' JavaScript files |(edituserjs)|
  * Edit semi-protected pages |(autoconfirmed)|
  * Edit the user interface |(editinterface)|
  * Have one's own edits automatically marked as patrolled |(autopatrol)|
  * Import pages from a file upload |(importupload)|
  * Import pages from other wikis |(import)|
  * Mark others' edits as patrolled |(patrol)|
  * Mark rolled-back edits as bot edits |(markbotedits)|
  * Move files |(movefile)|
  * Move pages |(move)|
  * Move pages with their subpages |(move-subpages)|
  * Move root user pages |(move-rootuserpages)|
  * Not be affected by rate limits |(noratelimit)|
  * Not create redirects from source pages when moving pages
    |(suppressredirect)|
  * Override files on the shared media repository locally
    |(reupload-shared)|
  * Overwrite existing files |(reupload)|
  * Quickly rollback the edits of the last user who edited a particular
    page |(rollback)|
  * Search deleted pages |(browsearchive)|
  * Unblock themselves |(unblockself)|
  * Undelete a page |(undelete)|
  * Upload files |(upload)|
  * Upload files from a URL |(upload_by_url)|
  * Use higher limits in API queries |(apihighlimits)|
  * View a list of unwatched pages |(unwatchedpages)|
  * View deleted history entries, without their associated text
    |(deletedhistory)|
  * View deleted text and changes between deleted revisions |(deletedtext)|