[MediaWiki-l] Multiple spaces

Siebrand Mazeland s.mazeland at xs4all.nl
Fri Jan 11 16:05:21 UTC 2013

On Fri, January 11, 2013 16:35, Ad Strack van Schijndel wrote:
> Is there an easy way to get 2 spaces between words? All spaces except 1
> are removed and I can't think of a way to get two spaces.
> Why? In The Netherlands two spaces should appear in the address between
> postal code and place in print-outs.

MediaWiki produces HTML and HTML "eats" white space. You can use
non-breaking spaces (  or  ) in your MediaWiki page source[1].
See https://translatewiki.net/wiki/User:Siebrand/test for quick proof of
concept. To make it easier on yourself, you could decide to put
"  " in a template and use {{--}} or something instead.

You can also decide to ignore all rules, and use one space to separate
postal code and place. I doubt you'll do too much jail time.

Kop op!

Siebrand

[1] http://www.maproom.co.uk/invis1.htm