[MediaWiki-l] Linode Setup for Mediawiki

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 10:01:12 UTC 2013

On 10 January 2013 05:41, Dan Fisher <danfisher261 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've been recommended to use the following setup in Linode:
>>> NGINX, PHP-FPM with APC and MySQL.

I understand that APC is not nearly as useful with fcgid as it is with
libphp5 - the cache is per PHP process (each of which terminates after
a few runs), not across all of them. Is it actually useful with
PHP-FPM?

> When I sign up for Linode, it will probably give me options for the type of
> setup. Which one should I choose?
> Ubuntu 12.04 LTS

rationalwiki.org uses this. It's nice, pretty recent and I know Ubuntu
so that's fine :-)

We have one box with 4GB which is Apache, MediaWiki, MySQL and Lucene.
We have a couple of 1GB Squids in front of that. Tim Starling wrote a
serious of recommendations which I haven't got around to doing many of
yet, but we didn't even notice our last Reddit-dotting until days
later, so this is pretty good :-D

- d.