[MediaWiki-l] URL Being Sanitized?

Tom Hutchison tom at hutch4.us
Tue Jan 8 20:16:27 UTC 2013

UTF-8 is what I meant. Being a little dyslexic today.

Not making myself clear.  Trying again.

%3F is a special encoding specific to URL encoding and decoding. ascii
nor UTF-8 should matter, it is a hexadecimal value and reserved, %
escapes and the 3F is the value for aquestion mark.

What I am trying to figure out is:

does varbinary storage of the page title mean the title is passed
differently than varchar in utf-8.  Looking at the value in the table I
see a ? not the %3F.

This host is a major pain in the you know ....  They have such wacky
configurationswith their servers. Maybe they have uri encoding/decoding
off in eginx? No idea what the heck they are doing there.

If I request:

mywiki.org/wiki/What_is_the_tallest_building_in_the_world%3F_Hint_not_in_NY

The page displays

What is the tallest building in the world

The '? Hint and not in NY' are not in the page title at the top.

No ?, no trailing words...theRead|Edit|View History|\/ tabs are all
missing, just the Page and Discussion tabs exist.

If I create a page with

mywiki.org/wiki/What_is_the_tallest_building_in_the_world%3F_Hint_not_in_NY

Everything appears normal until I go to view it and back to: What is the
tallest building in the world, no ? or trailing text.

Thanks
Tom