[MediaWiki-l] $SMTP config

Sébastien Santoro dereckson at espace-win.org
Mon Jan 7 22:47:55 UTC 2013

Hello,

On Mon, Jan 7, 2013 at 9:51 PM, Didier Houbrechts
<did.houbrechts at skynet.be> wrote:
> I've tried to configure $SMTP because I had problems sending with php Mail().
> On another version of my sites I had a Joomla module from Bitnami installed and all emails were working well. I had a look at config, found configuration.php installed and had a look at.
> Can someone help me configuring Mediawiki using these settings in the Joomla config file ?

According http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:$wgSMTP

(1) You need to install the  PEAR's Mail package:

pear install MAIL Net_SMTP

If you don't already have a pear command:
http://pear.php.net/manual/en/installation.getting.php

(2) The configuration would be something like:
$wgSMTP = array(
 'host'     => "relay.skynet.be", // could also be an IP address.
Where the SMTP server is located
 'IDHost'   => "aena.be",      // Generally this will be the domain
name of your website (aka mywiki.org)
 'port'     => 25,                 // Port to use when connecting to
the SMTP server
 'auth'     => false,               // Should we use SMTP
authentication (true or false)
 'username' => "",     // Username to use for SMTP authentication (if
being used)
 'password' => ""       // Password to use for SMTP authentication (if
being used)
);

I don't think Skynet requires SMTP authentication. If they've recently
changed that, you would need to set auth true and fill username and
password:

$wgSMTP = array(
 'host'     => "relay.skynet.be", // could also be an IP address.
Where the SMTP server is located
 'IDHost'   => "aena.be",      // Generally this will be the domain
name of your website (aka mywiki.org)
 'port'     => 25,                 // Port to use when connecting to
the SMTP server
 'auth'     => true,               // Should we use SMTP
authentication (true or false)
 'username' => "did.houbrechts",     // Username to use for SMTP
authentication (if being used)
 'password' => "12345678"       // Password to use for SMTP

--
Best Regards,
Sébastien Santoro aka Dereckson