[MediaWiki-l] Getting TeX working on MediaWiki 1.18.2

Aaron Gray aaronngray.lists at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 00:25:19 UTC 2013

On 30 December 2012 13:09, Moritz Schubotz <physik at physikerwelt.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> If you like you could try to checkout the LaTeXML version as described
> here.
> http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Math#LaTeXML
> Thereby you'd use a webservice that generates Mathml rather than
> generating images.
> If you have problems please let me know.

I just tried TeXLive on latest Fedora with the latest Git repository of the
math extension, latest Wikimedia 1.20.2. And it is failing with the same
error as I was getting with the old one on Fedora 14 and Wikimedia 1.18.2

    Failed to parse (PNG conversion failed; check for correct instillation
of latex and dvipng (or dvips + gs + convert)): a=b+c

I have convert, gs, dvips, and dvipng all installed and working on the
command line.

I am wondering if I am doing something rather basic wrong or whether the
maths extension is just broken ?

Does LaTeXML support full LaTeX stuff like Type Inference Rules and special
symbols used by complex inference rules ?

I am looking in the end to get maths inference rules out and typeset by the
Wikimedia PDF extension within a larger text.