[MediaWiki-l] dumpBackup.php

John W. Foster jfoster81747 at verizon.net
Fri Aug 9 14:46:01 UTC 2013

On Wed, 2013-08-07 at 12:06 -0400, Tom wrote:
> Hi John
>
> dumpBackup isn't a full wiki backup.
>
> Sounds like script is timing out. Did you look at the data with an xml tool to see if all articles are in the file. Could be a time out on upload too. Most host have a max execution time.
>
> Just use a command line MySQL dump of the database on your local. Then a command line SQL restore on the host. Makes backups and moving db easy.
>
> If you don't have a command line there are other methods to run a full backup and move db. XCloner V3.3 stand alone will do website files and db or one or the other.
>
> Tom
>
> On Aug 6, 2013, at 10:08 PM, "John W. Foster" <jfoster81747 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Ive used this to dump what I hoped would be a complete backup of my
> > local hosted mediawiki. Th purpose of which was to import the .xml file
> > to a new working server. The script to import it did the job. however
> > the dumped.xml file did not contain all the articles. It uploaded 476 of
> > a site that contains 5391 articles. Just wondering why. Ive done it 3
> > times with no different results.
> > john
----------------------------
Is there any software or php script that will allow for a complete back
up and reinstallation of the entire site to a new site on another
physical server in another location. I'll look at the xCloner but
seeking other suggestions. I do not want to use the mysql dump of the
old database to do this. That database is VERY old and has way too much
cruft in it from mediawiki upgrades & extension upgrades that have gone
on for several years. I just want to move the articles to the new
server.
Thnaks!
John