[MediaWiki-l] dumpBackup.php

Tom tom at hutch4.us
Wed Aug 7 16:06:23 UTC 2013

Hi John

dumpBackup isn't a full wiki backup.

Sounds like script is timing out. Did you look at the data with an xml tool to see if all articles are in the file. Could be a time out on upload too. Most host have a max execution time.

Just use a command line MySQL dump of the database on your local. Then a command line SQL restore on the host. Makes backups and moving db easy.

If you don't have a command line there are other methods to run a full backup and move db. XCloner V3.3 stand alone will do website files and db or one or the other.

Tom